Why choose SMS?
Deciding on what school to send your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. Below are reasons why choosing a Catholic School is the right decision for your child/ren.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- Offer an education that combines the Catholic faith and teachings with academic excellence.
- Partner with parents in faith formation.
- Set high standards for student achievement and help them to succeed.
- Provide a balanced academic curriculum that integrates, faith, culture, and life.
- Use technology effectively to enhance education.
- Instill in students the value of service to others.
- Teach children to respect themselves and others.
- Emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
- Prepare students to be productive citizens and future leaders.
- 99% high school graduation rate and 85% of our graduates go to college.
- We cultivate faculty and staff of people who are dedicated, caring, and effective.
Catholic Faith and Values
Catholic students can grow closer to God through their faith by learning about Catholic doctrine in the classroom, attending Mass weekly as a school, partaking in the Sacraments, and praying daily. Additionally, the faith of SMS students is deepened during the liturgical seasons of the Church year with special activities and events, such as Stations of the Cross, Advent, and Lent celebrations.
Furthermore, a Catholic education teaches students core values to help them mature into Christ-like people. Students learn self-discipline, how to accept responsibility for their actions, and how to make good decisions based on the tenets of their faith. They also learn about commitment, respect for others, and service. At OLGCS, students are encouraged to participate in service projects to help others within their community. Because, with a good moral base, students can grow up to be productive, virtuous citizens who are committed to the greater good.